Checking the hormone levels is very necessary for women. The concern starts to rise when the females face premenopausal and menopausal syndromes. In some other cases, often an individual needs to map the cycles of avail certain hormone therapies for the proper functioning of the organs.
The salivary assay techniques are the ideal ways to map and measure the concentration of specific hormones in the blood. This critical data is essential to detect diseases beforehand and avail related therapies for them. The hormone saliva testing procedures from BioHealth Lab are the ideal ways to collect a sample and generate critical data without using any invasive method.
Evaluation of common concerns
The critical data is used to measure hormone levels and evaluate the information with the common issues an individual is suffering from. The list of issues mentioned below can be related and diagnosed with the generated data.
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Inconsistent periods
- Mood swings
- Unprecedented weight loss or gain
Why use hormone saliva testing?
The saliva testing methods are used to detect the level of hormones present in the saliva and understand the particular difference in the serum levels of hormones. The hormone level detected in the salivary sample shows the degree of bioavailability of the hormones. The degree of bioavailability will determine the cause behind the residing issues a patient is suffering from.
The available amount of hormones for bio-acceptance by the receptors can be easily detected by the saliva test. This available percentage of hormones is relevant clinically as it will be available for the receptors to pick up. The reasons why saliva testing is preferred are mentioned below.
- The samples are easily collected or send without any hassle.
- The hormone saliva testing methods do not involve needles or drawing blood. The test can be simply done by collecting the samples of saliva.
- The best feature of the test is that it does not involve any prior preparation such as fasting. There is no particular time for collection. A patient can always collect a sample in any place.
- There is no special requirement to preserve the samples.
Efficient way of hormone testing
The overall cost of the test is very low. The bioassay can be easily done as the hormones in saliva do not degrade easily at room temperature. It is less challenging than the serum testing techniques and can be conducted by the patient herself.