Hormone Salivary Testing is the most reliable process to understand the levels of important hormones in the body, especially the adrenal and reproductive hormones.
Need of Salivary Hormone Testing
Since late 1960, saliva testing has been utilized to measure the levels of hormones. It has several benefits as compared to serum testing. One of the significant aspects of this test is it imitates the non-protein destined free hormone fraction at a certain point of time that is not tested in blood testing. Generally, hormones are bound to carry proteins in the blood, and the unbound part is known to be accessible to the body cell.
Hormone saliva test also checks the level of supplemented hormones with their uses and absorption. According to a study, the measurements of salivary progesterone confirm applies progesterone is absorbed, regardless of lack of serum progesterone change. Therefore, this test not only can determine if bio identical hormone therapy is absorbed, but influence supplementation dosage as well.
In a nutshell, saliva testing doesn’t need any appointments or needles; it can be collected at home easily.
Who gets maximum Benefits from Hormone Salivary Test?
Generally, this test is recommended by your practitioner if you have symptoms related to an underlying hormonal imbalance. The best way to correct symptoms linked to hormone imbalance is first to know the reason of imbalance and then create a right treatment plan that reports these issues. Here are a few types of patient’s conditions who can get benefit from this test.
- Hormonal issues
- Weight gain
- Period problems
- Mood Swings
What Hormones tested in Salivary Hormone Testing?
There are several hormones that are tested in salivary Hormone Testing. These are-
- Oestrogen- There are three forms of this hormone- Oestriol, Oestrone, and Oestradiol. These three are very important to maintaining the health of brain, skin, breast and reproductive tissue. The salivary hormone testing tests all three forms along with blood tests.
- Progesterone- This is a major hormone in women, and beneficial for men’s prostate health.
- Testosterone- It helps in maintaining skin elasticity, cardiovascular health, libido and lean body mass, bone density in both men and women.
- Melatonin- This hormone is produced by the pineal gland produced by gastrointestinal and retina interact. Its secretion is stimulated by light and sleep independence and by darkness.
- DHEA- This is a major androgen in both men and women. The levels of DHEA reduce with age and play a chief role in immune status, mental function and healthy energy levels.
- Cortisol- Produced by the adrenal glands, this hormone is responsible for physical, emotional and mental stress. Its levels suppress the working of the immune system leaving the individual more prone to infections and long-term stress.
How Is This Hormone Saliva Test Done?
There are many ways through which hormones can be assessed. The most precise way is through a hormone saliva test. For urine and saliva sampling, the kits are provided to the patients that can be gathered in the home and send directly to the lab. To perform salivary testing services, Nutripath is commonly used. It provides medical lab testing services to examine patient’s nutritional, biochemical and metabolic +hormonal status.